Coles Opening Hours for Normal Days and Holidays

Coles opening hours is a post essentially written to inform you about the opening and closing hours of Coles during work days, weekends and holidays. This post will give you a full insight into the opening and closing time of Coles stores. Feel free to skip the introductory part if you don’t find it interesting.

Coles is a chain of Australian supermarkets, retail and consumer services headquartered in Melbourne as a subsidiary of the Coles Group. It was founded in Collingwood, Melbourne in 1914 by George Coles. The establishment operates 807 supermarkets all over Australia, plus several now re-branded BI-LO supermarkets. Coles has more than 100, 000 employees. Coles biggest rival is Woolworths, and they both make up 80% of the whole of Australian market.

Coles also has an online shopping platform (“click and collect”) where customers can buy merchandise online. This platform features home delivery service. Customers can select merchandise and have them delivered to their homes of residence.

Coles supermarkets was a brand of Coles Myer Limited between 1986 and 2006. It later became Coles Group before being purchased by Wesfarmers in 2007. After Wesfarmers spun-off the business in November (2018), it became a subsidiary of Coles again.

Coles Opening Hours for Normal Days

The official opening hours of Coles stores for normal days is 6 AM from Monday through Friday. However, depending on your location, some stores are likely to open by 7 AM or 8 AM. 98 per cent of the stores open between 6 AM to 7 AM, and the remaining 2 per cent open at 8 AM. The stores official closing time is 10pm. One sure way to know the actual opening hours of a Coles store is by using its online store locator tool. I have highlighted below on how to do that.

Coles Opening Hours for Weekends

The official opening hours of Coles stores on weekends is 7 AM. Most stores open by 7 AM and close at 10 PM (late night). Note: this time may also vary depending on the store. However, is important to note that the official hours are 7AM – 10PM.

The table below contains the official opening and closing hours of Coles stores for normal days & weekends:

Normal day of the week

Coles opening & closing hours

Monday6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Tuesday6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Wednesday6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Thursday6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Friday6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Saturday7:00 AM – 10:00
Sunday7:00 AM – 10:00 PM

NOTE: Let me stress once again that it is important to note that these hours vary from store to store. So, the opening hours of a store in your location might be different from those in other locations. However, 98 percent of the stores open between 6am to 7am and close at exactly 10pm.

Coles Opening Hours for Holidays

Coles, just like other establishments have some special holidays during which its opening hours are adjusted a little bit. Below are Coles’ upcoming holidays hours:

DAYDATEHOURS
Monday17 December6:00 AM – 9:00 PM
THURSDAY20 December6:00 AM – midnight.
Sunday23 December9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Monday24 December6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday25 DecemberClosed.
Wednesday 26 December7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Thursday27 December7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Tuesday1 January7:00 AM – 10:00 PM

 How to locate Coles stores using its online locator tool

You can find Coles stores within your location by using its online locator tool. It is very easy to use. Follow this guide to find Coles stores near you:

  1. Firstly, go to the online locator tool through this link: https://www.coles.com.au/store-locator
  2. Now you will find a search box at the right part of the page, enter your ZIP (postal) code, city name or landmark into the box.
  3. This is what would happen, the tool will look for Coles stores within the location you have entered and present them to you with a live map. Also, the opening and closing time of each store will be indicated.

You can request for direction via a live map. If you do this, you will be offered a live map that will guide you to the store. To do this, click “More information” on the window of your preferred store. Now you will be taken to a new page where you will find a link with the title “directions to [the store name],” click the link and you will be good to go.

Coles Customers Care Service

Below is the contact information to Coles customers service. If you are facing any challenges as regard using its platforms or buying its merchandise, call for assistance. Or if you wish to make some inquiries, call:

1800-061-562

8:30am – 6:00pm (Monday – Friday. AEST)

8:00am – 4:30pm (Saturday. AEST)

→ You could also write to them with the following mail address:

PO Box 480

Glen Iris VIC 3146

Australia

You could also give them your feedback by visiting this link https://www.coles.com.au/customer-service/contact-us. When you visit the page, scroll down and fill out the boxes; supply appropriate information into each box and then leave your feedback.

CONCLUSION

Coles opening hours is more friendly if compared to that of its rival, Woolworths. Its hours suit virtually all kinds of people, including the working class who goes to work very early in morning or those who come back late at night. You could do your shopping early in the morning when going to work or late at night when coming back from your job.

Also, its holiday hours are also quite friendly. The only day it will close is December 25. Customers still have the privilege to go on shopping sprees throughout the upcoming holiday except on December 25.

As stressed above, Coles opening hours vary from store to store. One store might open at 6am, while the other would open at 7am. However, just bear it in mind that the official opening hours for Coles stores is between 6am to 7am, and its closing time is between 9pm to 10pm. It is also important to mention that there is a handful of stores that are likely to open at 8am. In conclusion, 98% of Coles stores open at between 6am to 7am and close at between 9pm to 10pm, while the remaining 2 per cent open at 8 am and close at the normal time.

Join Our Newsletter to Receive our Latest Contents for FREE

* indicates required

Leave a Comment