Dollar general hours is a post written to inform you about the time the stores open and close during weekdays, weekends and holidays. If you find the intro part boring, feel free to skip it.
Dollar General is one of the top retail chains in U.S. The company is one of the leading small-box retailers. It is a rival to renown small-box retailers such as Dollar Tree and Family Dollar. This giant small-box retailing chain was founded in 1939 in Scottsville, Kentucky, whence it opened its business windows all over the nation. Right from the time it was founded (which was 1939) to 1968, it was officially known as J.L. Turner & Son, Inc (based on the names of the founders). However, in 1968, the name was officially changed to Dollar General Corporation.
The Dollar General Stores sell a lot of products based on different brands – both private and renowned manufacturers. Some of the brands are as follows: Coca-Cola, General Mills, Nestle, Energizer, Hanes, Unilever and Kellogg’s, Mars, PepsiCo, Kimberly, Clorox, Proctor and Gamble, and so forth.
Dollar General business model is to provide hassle-free shopping platforms to millions of customers across the nation. These platforms put the satisfaction of customers before anything else. Hence, it tries as much as possible to save customers’ time and make shopping activities hassle-free. In average, it takes approximately about 10 minutes for customers to complete their shopping.
Dollar General has stores totaling 12, 400 in 43 states in United States. If you wish to find its stores near you, here is a quick post on how to do that:
Dollar General hours
Dollar General stores operate from Monday to Sunday, from 7 AM to 12 AM. However, some stores operate from Monday to Friday, usually from morning (8 AM) till late night (10 PM), and on Saturdays and Sundays they operate from 8 AM (morning) to 9 PM (night). In a nutshell, Dollar General hours vary from one store to another. Hence, I would advise that you check the operating hours of the particular branch you wish to visit before going ahead to visit it. The post will guide you on how to find Dollar General stores near you. Each store you find would carry its working hours. So you can tell if a particular branch would be convenient for you or not.
What time does Dollar General Open?
The table below contains the official time Dollar General open and close during week days and weekends. Take your time to go through it.
|Days of the week||Business Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Friday||8:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM – 12:00 AM|
As mentioned above, some Dollar General store hours may not be exactly the same as the ones in the table above. Although, approximately 90% of the stores adhere to the hours in the table above. Your location will determine Dollar General hours of operation. A handful of locations may not follow the exact hours stated in the table above.
What time does Dollar General Close?
The official closing hours of Dollar General stores is usually 12:00 AM (midnight). However, some locations may close 2 hours before midnight.
Is Dollar General open on Saturdays and Sundays?
As stated in the table above, yes, Dollar General stores open on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), usually from morning (8:00 AM) to midnight (12:00 AM).
Dollar General Hours on Holidays
The stores’ hours of operation during holidays are usually adjusted. The hours usually change at the actual holiday or prior to. I would recommend that you inquire from the representatives in your local stores to find out the exact opening and closing hours of Dollar General during holidays. Some of the holidays are as follows:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Martin Luther Kind Day
- Mother’s Day
- Independence Day
- Father’s Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Columbus Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
Dollar General Special Event hours
Dollar General sometimes hosts some special community events. To find out about the specific times of these events, you will need to inquire from some of the representatives or customer care department in your local stores.
Contact Dollar General
For further inquiries or guidelines, you can contact Dollar General representatives or the customer service department by using the contact information below.
- Contact by phone number – Customers have the privilege to contact Dollar General customer care unit through this phone number 1-615-855-4000. This number is available for calls 24 hours a day (7 days in a week).
- Email Address – You can also reach out to the customer care representatives of Dollar General by sending an email to the customer care unit. To do this, you will need to use the customer feedback form by visiting this link: http://www2.dollargeneral.com/Customer-Care-Center/pages/contact-us.aspx Type your message and fill out your details appropriately. Send it to the customer service unit and you will get your reply within the period of 48 hours.
- Send mail – You can as well send your complaints or inquiries to Dollar General Headquarters, 100 Mission Ridge Goodlettsville, TN 37072.
- Use social media – You can also reach out to the representatives or customer care unit by using social media platforms. Post your messages (complaints or inquiries) on its official pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. The customer care representatives will reply you within approximately 24 hours. Below are some of its official pages on social media:
- Facebook Page → facebook.com/DollarGeneral
- Twitter Page → twitter.com/DollarGeneral
- Pinterest Page → pinterest.com/mydollargeneral
- YouTube Page → youtube.com/dollargeneral