This article is made up of two parts: First part is about Google AdSense general tips and information, and the second part is about how you can get quick approval. So feel free to jump to which ever part you like.
Google AdSense is one of the most popular, trusted and easiest ways to monetize a website. It is an advertisement program that gives website owners the privilege to display ads on their website (blog) or YouTube videos, and in return they get paid each time their visitors (users) click on them.
If you have a website or blog, Google AdSense is one of the coolest ways to make money online. But just like other online money making platforms, it’s not a get rich quick program. If you truly want to generate a lot of income using this platform, then you have to be patient and work for it – you need a lot of quality contents on your website and a decent amount of traffic. Google likes websites that have quality contents. So, if you have some quality contents on your website, and a good amount of traffic, then you’re on your way to start tapping the endless goldmine of Google AdSense.
Obeying Google rules is like obeying the laws of Moses in the holy book, LOL. So many companies or site owners have lost their accounts forever for breaking rules they didn’t even know existed (because they didn’t take their time to study them). So before you sign up with Google AdSense, Take your time to go through their rules. Study it and try as much as possible to adhere to it when you get approval.
1. General tips and information
Advantages of Google Adsense
- Anybody can join (it’s free to join)
- Google pays monthly through direct deposit, if you meet the threshold of $100, which is the minimum.
- Eligibility requirement is minimal – Google does not require you to go through some rigorous process before getting approval (as long as you comply with their policies).
- Using one account, you can run ads on different websites. In other words, one account can be used to run ads on multiple websites.
- Limitless options are at your disposal; you can customize the ads to suit the look or feel of your website. In other words, you can customize the ads to your satisfaction.
- Google has some rigorous rules you must adhere to, else, they will have your account terminated. For example, you cannot click the ads on your website. Google sees it as cheating, and Google hardly forgives if you break any of their rules.
- Google AdSense ads makes you money whenever your visitors click on them, but it leads them to another site, therefore, making them to leave your website.
- To make cool cash using Google AdSense ads, you need a targeted audience, a decent amount of traffic, and a lot of original (quality) contents.
How website owners get paid
Like I said earlier, Google pays monthly once you reach the minimum of $100. In other words, Google cannot issue your AdSense payment if you don’t meet the threshold of $100. The good thing is that if you can’t reach the threshold of $100, Google will roll over your earnings and add them to that of next month. Whenever you finally reach the threshold, your payment will be issued on the next payment period.
All your earnings are displayed on your dashboard. On your dashboard, you can see your current earnings. You can also see how the ads are doing – Which one is generating more income and which one is not doing well, etc.
Types of Google Adsense Ads
There are different types of Google AdSense ads:
- Audio ads – As it implies, this type of ads uses audio. Users hear audios instead of viewing images or videos.
- Google Search AdSense – This type of ads allows you to display a search box on your website. Each time your visitors enter a search term and run a search, the result pages will show Google AdSense ads. Here, you can also customize the color of the search results to display in your preferred color scheme.
- Image ads – This type of ads come in various sizes. Like I said earlier, you have limitless options; you can choose an option to combine both text and image in this type of ads.
- Text ads – This type of ads uses words basically. It also comes in variety of sizes. You can customize the box, text and links with your preferred colors. You can add and subtract colors to make it blend with your website.
To make a decent amount of income with Google AdSense you need to take your time to study which type of ads is the most effective among the aforementioned.
- Like I said earlier, Google hardly forgives. So, do everything you can to adhere to their rules. View Google rules here. Study them and try not to break any of them.
- Content makes all the difference. Write quality contents that your readers or audience would like to read. Once you have great contents on your website with a couple of thousands of unique visitors, then you’re ready to tap the goldmine of Google AdSense.
- Take your time to test different types of ads to find out which one is most effective or generates the most income.
- Never click on your own ads. Never tell people to click them for you. Using any form of illegitimate ways to click on the ads on your website or drive traffic to your ads is highly against Google’s rules. This can have your account terminated forever, so, be warned!
- If you truly want to generate a significant amount of money using Google AdSense, then you need to specialize. Pick a niche for your website, and have a targeted audience. That way, Google will pay you more for each click.
For example, if your website’s niche is health, Google is likely to post only health related ads on your website. Now, let’s assume that each time a visitor clicks on the ads you’ll earn $1. But if your website does not have a niche, Google will post random ads, and each time a visitor clicks the ads you’ll earn $0.50. This is just an example.
A specialized website is likely to earn higher than a random website. Although, a website that gets lots of traffic will still generate a significant amount of money on a regular daily basis whether it has a niche or not.
- Always pay attention to Google warning messages. Most times Google try to warn you when you want to cross the red line without knowing. But because you think you’re too busy, you ignore the messages and finally, when you find yourself behind the red line you’ll start contacting them. At that time, they won’t be able to help you.
The truth is that the people at Google do not derive joy in punishing you or terminating your account, that’s why they try to warn you about something they do not like on your website. So, do yourself some good by listening to them when they try to talk to you, else, they won’t listen to you after you violate their rules.
PART 2: Secret on how to get Google Adsense quick approval
A lot of companies, site owners and webmasters have applied for Google AdSense program but got turned down numerous times. If you fall under this category, then I want to let you know that the reason why your site is being rejected is because there is something you’re doing wrongly. Take your time to go through the guidelines below and hopefully you will find out what you’ve been doing wrong. Do not underestimate any of the tips, every one of them counts.
1. Banned Website Niches
Here is the list of prohibited website niches by Google: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1348688?hl=en If the niche of your website is among any of the listed niches, then Google will not take you serious and will never approve your account. As a matter of fact, Google will take it as an offence.
But Google is likely to take you serious if your niche is not among the blacklisted niches. For example, if your niche is any of these: Technology, Sports, Travel, Social Media, Entrepreneurship, Business, Marketing, Law, Lifestyle, internet marketing and health and fitness,etc., then you’re on the right track. Although, your niche alone does not determine whether Google will accept your application or not; you also need a lot of quality contents on your website.
Google also rejects websites (blogs) with micro niches. As it implies, these are websites (blogs) that limit their content to only one subject and try to source for high traffic illegitimately.
2. Amount of posts (articles) and pages
It is advisable to have at least 20 to 40 quality posts (articles) before applying for Google AdSense program. By quality I mean articles that are not copied from another website or blog. The contents must be relevant, informative and most importantly, valuable to your readers. Also, endeavor to add pictures where necessary.
The length of your contents should be at least 2000+ words (for every content if possible). But if you cannot write up to that, then the number of your posts (contents) must be at least 50. If your blog or website is a static HTML type or if you are using a non CMS platform to run your blog or website, then it is advisable that you have 50+ pages before applying for Google AdSense.
Bottom-Line: If your website does not meet the requirements as stated above, then I’m afraid, Google might not approve your application. You might get a message that you have insufficient contents on your website.
3. Remove every other third party Ads on your site before applying
Although, I have seen cases where people got approval despite them having third party ads on their websites. But I strongly advise that you don’t place third party ads on your website when applying for Google AdSense. So if you’re already using third party ads on your website, then remove them before applying. After getting approval, then you can go ahead and add them back. Try as much as possible to make your website look clean and professional, Google likes anything professional.
Also, stay awayfrom affiliate links. Do not add affiliate links on your website when applying for Google AdSense. After your account is approved, then you can go ahead and add whatever you like.
4. Make sure your design looks professional and user-friendly
Like I said before, Google likes anything professional. Google wants their users to get the best browsing experience from any website they partner with. So try as much as possible to maintain a clean design. And make sure your website is user-friendly. By user-friendly I mean making it easy for your users to navigate from one page to another.
Mind your use of color. Google believes that if you maintain a good (professional) color scheme, then your users will find it interesting to click on the ads showing on your website.
Bottom-Line: Make sure you maintain a very clean and professional design before applying for Google AdSense. If you have the money, then get a professional template and have it installed on your website, believe me, it’s worth it.
5. Try to generate at least a small amount of traffic before applying
At the moment, Google do not use traffic as a major factor for approving AdSense applications. I have seen a lot of cases where websites that didn’t have up to 100 visitors a day got approval. So this proves that Google do not consider the rate of traffic on websites when reviewing them. But it is still advisable for you to generate a reasonable amount of traffic before applying. What works for others might not work for you, and what works for you might not work for others. So before you jump into applying for an AdSense account, slow down a bit and let your website settle down for at least 2 months. And make sure that you’re getting at least 50+ unique visitors daily.
6. Add an about page
An “about page” defines your website. It tells your visitors the type of people your website is made for. Be informed, Google don’t play with this page. It is a-must-have page. Google might reject your website immediately after discovering that your website does not have this page. Although, I have also seen cases where people got approval without having this page. But the case is very rare. So, in order for you to be on a safer side, add an about page before applying.
Just take few minutes of your time to compose what your website is about, the type of people it is made for, why you’re running the website and what your mission is.
Bottom-Line: An about page is a-must-have, as Google don’t play with this page. So before applying for Google AdSense, make sure you have this page on your website.
7. Add a contact page
This page is very important to your users. Apart from adding this page for the sake of getting approval by Google, on a norm, you should have this page. Individuals or companies might want to contact you because they want to partner with you in one way or the other, or just to make an inquiry.
Be informed, Google does not play with this page. You’ll have a very slim chance of getting AdSense approval without this page. It’s not a big deal. If you’re using Wordress, just create a contact page and add your contact information: Phone number, emails, etc.
Bottom-Line: This page is mandatory. It increases your chance of getting approval. Apart from that, it gives your users/readers the privilege to contact you for inquiry or partnership.
Don’t even try to apply for an AdSense account if you don’t have this page. Google does not play with privacy and security, they pay a lot of attention to this page. They don’t partner with websites with loopholes. So add this page to make them believe that your site does not have a loophole. This page persuades Google that your users are secured. It also proves to them that you’re not a scammer. And that every information that your users put on your website is secured. So you see? This page is 100% compulsory.
Bottom-Line: Your chance of getting approval will be extremely slim if you do not have this page. In fact, don’t even apply for an AdSense account without this page.
9. Join Google Webmasters programme
With this program, you can track your website, ascertain errors and fix them. You can also study how your pages are being indexed by Google. Joining this program gives Google the impression that as a webmaster, you know what you’re doing. It gives them the feel that you’re a professional.
To join Google Webmasters program, go to https://google.com/webmasters. Add your website and a verification code will be generated. Add the code to the header part of your website in order to verify its ownership. After adding the code, click on verify and whalla! Your site will be synched with Google webmasters tool.
10. Add your site to Google analytics
With Google analytics, you can monitor your website. It gives you the privilege to know where your visitors are coming from and which of your contents are getting the most hits. This also increases your chance of getting approval. Google will see you as a serious blogger (or website owner) for taking your time to track your visitors.
To add Google analytics, go to http://google.com/analytics. Create a new account and and generate your analytics code. Place the code on pages of your website.