It was founded in 1950 by Morris Ross. Initially, the company was originally called “Ross Department Store.” After a while, the company was acquired by William Issacson, who then expanded it to 6 locations. In 1982, the company was again sold to a group of investors. After its acquisition by this group of investors, 3 years later the company expanded to over 100 locations. Furthermore, in 2012, the company’s expansion skyrocketed to 1000 locations in 33 states. Today, it has over 1,340 Stores in 36 states, and also 193 stores for Dd’s Discounts in 15 states. Most of these stores are located in California, Texas and Florida. Others are located in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Illinois and so forth.
Ross Dress for Less is among the biggest off-price chains of stores in US. Its business model is helping customers realize their fashionable dreams without spending much money. In other words, the company gives plenty of discounts to its customers to save money on clothes for women, men and children. There are always 20% to 60% discounts (every day) for items in all categories such as clothing, foot wears, home decors, toys and so forth. So with less money you can get the best clothes and foot wears for you and your family. You can also get some of the latest toys for your kids, all at the fraction of the price of the department store.
Also worth knowing, in Ross, there are no middlemen. the company cuts deals directly with manufacturers and brands. Hence, making it possible for them to be able to sell almost the same price as the companies or brands.
Ross Near Me: How to find stores close to you
One of the easiest ways to find its stores is through its online locator tool. To actualize this, you need to access this tool with your browser via your computer or mobile phone. Follow these simple instructions below to find its stores within your location.
- Firstly, go to Ross Store Locator page
- Now enter the ZIP code or the address or landmark of the place you wish to find its stores in the box provided to you.
- After providing your ZIP code or address in the box beside the tag “Find a Store,” go ahead and click “Go.”
- Now this is what would happen; Ross store locator tool will look for all its stores within the address or ZIP code you have provided and present them to you on a live map.
- You can then choose the store of your choice from the map and request for directions.
- Their addresses and hours of operation will be indicated
- To request for directions, click on the tab that says “Directions” at the left part of the page.
How do I find Stores with a Phone or Tablet?
If you don’t have access to a computer (desktop or laptop), you can also find its stores around your location with your mobile phone or tablet. Follow these simple instructions to actualize that.
- Open your mobile browser and enter the following address – www.rossstores.com/store-locator
- Now, a box will be displayed to you. In that box, enter the ZIP code, city, state or address of the place you wish to find its stores.
- After you do that, click “Go.”
- You will be shown all its stores within that location on a live map. Now you can select the store of your choice and visit it by using its address, or simply request for directions.
NOTE: The opening and closing hours of Ross stores are included in the results. So every store you select from the map will have its opening and closing hours listed at the detail window. In other words, when you select a store from the map, the opening and closing hour of that particular store will be indicated. These hours are usually the time the store opens in the morning and the time it closes in the evening (from Monday to Sunday). I have previously written a small article about Ross Hours of operation. The article covers Ross store hours of operation and holiday schedule. Take your time to read through the post in order to get the full details of its opening and closing hours of operation for weekdays, weekends and holidays.
A Quick Glance of Ross Hours of Operation
Have an overview of its Ross business hours for weekdays and weekends. To get the complete details including for holidays, read the article above.
|Days of the Week||Business Hours|
|Monday||9:00 AM – 10:30 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 10:30 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 10:30 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 10:30 PM|
|Friday||8:30 AM – 11:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 AM – 11:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM – 10:30 PM|
Finding Ross stores near you is going to be quite easy as long as you are in one of the states that the company currently operates in. It currently has over 1,340 stores in 36 states. If you are in any of these states, then finding its stores near you is going to be as easy as eating a piece of cake. The establishment is gradually adding up new locations every now and then. If your state is currently not covered, no need to worry as the company is working hard to extend its windows to every state.
It is a large chain of stores that covers a considerable number of (clothing & home) shopping categories. Here are the categories that Ross covers:
Men and young men clothing:
- Men’s Accessories
- Men’s Shoes
- Ladies, Juniors, Plus, Fashion Accessories for women
- Women’s Shoes
- Kids’ Shoes
- Kids’ Apparel
- Kitchen and Dining
- Bed and Bath
- Furniture and Décor
- Tech and Travel
As mentioned earlier, Ross stores give customers 20% to 60% off department store prices every day on these categories. This means with less money you can realize your fashion dream. Or you can realize your Home décor dream. You can also put smiles on the faces of your kids by buying them the latest apparel or toys, all at the fraction of the price of the department store.